The Preventative Maintenance position is optional within the DCCS package structure. Otherwise, preventative maintenance duties may be assumed by others within the organization. If this position is not provided for, the duties will be assumed by the Floor Technician or Account Manager. Here is an overview of associated duties and responsibilities.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Heavy-duty cleaning such as power washing or wall washing
- Window cleaning
- Small electrical repair (with proper licensing)/light bulb changing
- Plumbing (such as snaking toilets)
- Minor maintenance tasks (such as painting or tile repair)
- Playground repair
- Outer and inner structure repair
- Miscellaneous handyman jobs
- Communicate client’s needs and concerns to Account Manager
- Working knowledge of equipment and supplies
- Hours of work will typically be after 6:00PM and/or weekends
Work is performed under the direction of the Account Manager. Additional guidance and direction is received through the Employee Manual, company policies, standard operating procedures and equipment operation manuals.
Daily interaction with Floor Technicians, Light Custodian, Account Manager and clients are standard.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of general “handyman” skills
- Knowledge of general “handyman” tools