This is an hourly, non-exempt, full-time position. Se Habla Español.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, some weekends.
School Custodian: The School Custodian position reports to the Area Manager.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Performs work according to standard procedure and by the childcare centers operational schedule.
- Cleans rooms, hallways, restrooms, changing rooms, offices, stairways, and windows.
- Sweep, remove debris, clean spills, and mop floors throughout the Childcare center.
- Regularly check the trash receptacles, emptying as needed, in all areas of the site.
- Collect, consolidate, and separate recycling into proper receptacles.
- Clean windows and mirrored surfaces; polish stainless steel surfaces.
- Dust fixtures, shelves, and products as needed.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the customer and team member restrooms (includes cleaning and policing as needed).
- Complete sweep logs, as directed.
- Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- Follow and comply with all applicable health and sanitation procedures and adhere to safe work practices.
- Dust furniture and equipment.
- Washes walls, ceilings, woodwork, windows, doors, and sills.
- Empties wastebaskets.
- Reports work accomplished orally or on written work order to the supervisor daily.
- Janitorial Services
- Ability to carry out detailed oral or written instructions
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Ability to acquire job skills with three months of on-the-job training
- Disposition to perform other duties as assigned
- Availability to work evenings
Physical Demands (must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Lift and move totes up to 49 pounds each
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing from 15 to 25 pounds.
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching, and reaching both below the waist and above the head
- Occasionally push and pull wheeled dollies loaded with products up to 100 pounds during site visits
- Engage in full manual dexterity in both hands and wrists
- Walking in and around the childcare center with great frequency
- Ability to climb ladders and gangways safely and without limitation
- Dexterity in eye/hand coordination, feet (foot pedals), manual (picking, pinching, holding, grasping), and wrist motion (repetitive flexion/rotation)
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 4-8 hours
- The office environment has minimum hazards, which may include varying temperatures and moderate noise levels.
- The site environment may have varying temperatures, varying workstations, and varying interactions with customers and staff. The noise level is usually moderate.
- Childcare centers average about 10,000 square feet
- Working conditions may include small spaces, dust, fumes/odors, hot/cold temperatures, inside/outside noise, vibration, standing on concrete for long hours, and wet or uneven surfaces
- Occasionally work occurs in poor weather conditions, including heat, cold, rain, or snow.
What's In It For You?
Supportive work environment shifts that accommodate your needs.
DCCS considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, and expression, marital or military status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. DCCS also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Please download and complete these forms and bring with you at the time of interview.